Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Rest

I know I have been really detailed on our trip, but it is something that I really want to have well documented. So if you are sick of reading about our trip, too bad, it's my blog! And I need to get caught up so that I don't feel like there is a major project every time I sit at the computer. So here is the rest of our trip.
We spent the night in Liberty and then the next day we drove to Independence Missouri. It was only about a half hour drive and I'm glad we did it. We all knew that there wasn't a ton to see there but it was worth it. We went to the lot that Joseph declared the spot of the temple that will be built in the later days. It was interesting to me to hear of the stories of things in this area. I'm so glad that I have a testimony of the The Church of Later-Day Saints and that it makes sense, the Temple Lot church and the Community of Christ churches have a lot of things that didn't make sense at all. And I don't understand how their members are okay with some of those things. And it was strange that they both use the Book of Mormon, and they have apostles and prophets but they don't have the Spirit. We even met one of their apostles.

Here we are at the temple lot.

This is the Community of Christ's temple. It was really quite comical to be that when we were in front of their temple I kind of have the feeling of "That's a strange building." And on the other hand when we were in front of the Nauvoo LDS Temple I got the feeling of "Wow that is so beautiful, amazing, and sering." Not at all the feeling with this upside down tornado looking thing. We went inside and then was really thinking it was weird when I saw pictures of women giving blessings, and crosses inside... STRANGE!

We went to a small deli and ate lunch, Baden evidently had frog legs. Isn't he so cute!

The next day we went to see where Jace works.

Jace took us to see the museum of Sam Walton. Wal-Mart isn't just a store out in Bentonville it's a culture. It was neat to see how Sam Walton started out, and what a humble and nice man he was.

The next day we went to their zoo, it's a bit different than what we have in Phoenix but it was sure fun! They had a lot of places where you could get right up close to the animals, this pig started walking toward Kya, she didn't like that much. I don't blame her if a huge thing that looked like this was about as tall as me I would run too!

She liked things a lot better behind a fence.

The goats kept eating our shorts.


The baby baboons that were really cute. Kya kept saying, "Look that monkey has a diaper on!" She thought that was pretty funny.

The 12 week old baboon tried to sit on Kya's lap... she didn't like that much. Like I said before she likes animals behind a fence.

The baby lion.

Then after we saw all the animals there was a part of the zoo that you stay in your car, that is the way to go... no walking with the AC on! It was like a safari and the animals would walk right up to your car.





Preston fed the bird, I was telling him, "We see this all the time on America's Funniest Videos and they NEVER turn out good!" But he did it anyway and I guess it wasn't too bad!




Then we came home and went swimming. The hose water was REALLY cold and Kya's swimsuit made her too cold I guess. She is a little funny about having her clothes wet so she swam naked!

Then we had a BBQ with the Gosney's. Jace and Karis's friends that live right around the corner.

The next day was Father's Day, Sunday. We got to got to Jace and Karis's new ward building that morning and then of course we did Father's Day gifts!


Roberta, and Jace both went in on a gift for us and surprised us with it! It's the same statue on Joseph and Hyrum that is at Carthage. Where we got Baden Hyrum from.

Then we went to the Gosney's for a BBQ. We ate some GOOD grub!



Then it was Monday time for good-byes! Cole was so sad to see "K-YA" go! We love you guys hope everything goes well with the twins!

Baden was surprisingly happy in the car by the end of our long trip!

We had such a good time seeing Jace, Karis and Cole. Then to be able to have spent time with Roberta and see Bert and Garna too, was just great! What a great experiance!

1 comment:

Chase and Shalyse Rogers said...

sounds like your trip was awesome!! Baden is getting so so big I love chunky babies