Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wetness!

Last weekend I was home with the kids, when I knelt down to help Baden with something, and my knee got soaked! I immediately thought it was the kids, and that they had to have spilled something. Kya kept telling me that they didn't spill anything and then I realized that the water was ALL over! I franticly started to pull things out of the way, two of which were our memory boxes! I pulled the carpet up and got a fan going to dry out the SOAKED pad and carpet. Then I looked up and saw the wall SOAKED with water running under the paint! Soaked drywall, soaked carpet plus on a holiday weekend, not a good combo!

Paint was moulting off the walls!


If you notice the water had spread all the way down the wall on the right of the picture!

Well we fixed the problem, it was the AC unit right above this wall, that leaked all over. Then we had a guy fix the drywall, re-texture, and then I got to paint it!

Good as new!


3 comments:

Meghan White said...

Oh man that could have been desasterous. Glad your memories didnt get ruined.

Meghan White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You both rock! Well done and thank you. You guys take care of others things just as well as you do your own - it says a lot about you. Jace & Karis PS. The place looks great. You guys and the kids look fantastic, too.