Sunday, January 22, 2012

Temple Walk

All of the youth in our steak met at 6 am Saturday morning to participate in the Temple Walk.  Yes, that's about 1,000 youth with their leader walking from our steak center to the Gilbert Temple site.  We walked along the canal most of the way and ended up walking 9.5 miles!


Our loved Steak Presidency.


 

There were angles watching us in the clouds.


The first place that we could see the Temple was on Val Vista and Williams Field.


Is was a neat experience to see the Temple get closer and closer, with each step.




WE ARRIVED!



My feet held up alright during the walk, but then once we stopped it was BAD.  I still had lots to do that day and I almost couldn't walk.  I was in LOTS and LOTS of pain.  Note to self you have bad feet, you can't do things like this no matter how cool the experience.

1 comment:

karis stapley said...

What a neat experience! (aside from your feet killing). Soo wonderful to see the temple going up!