Thursday, September 27, 2012

Catching Up







Kya is 5 1/2 she is a very cheerful and happy girl.  She has been loving kindergarten and doing really well.  She is in half day and I'm so glad.  Some days it doesn't seem very long but I would rather her be home.  She is very bright and helpful.  She lost her first tooth on Tuesday.  The tooth-fairy gave her $1.50 and the dollar had fairy dust on it! She still loves being girly, she mostly wears dresses or skirts to school, she likes playing with her Barbies, she loves dancing, girly movies, and she already is into hair nails and makeup (which is really just lip-gloss).  But she will also get dirty and play with Baden with his boy stuff.  She is not scared of most bugs and will pick up the "nice ones".  She is a good artist and she likes to color, paint, use chalk and all sorts of crafts.  She is very aware of the things around her she is always asking what road we are on and she notices people and what they are doing.  She loves stories and reading too!




Baden is 3 almost 4 and he is funny.  He is now in a rotating preschool with a few others and he loves it!  He looks forward to it all the time.  I think it's because he truly wants to do his own thing but also he is probably a little bored home with Bo and I, especially when I need to clean up.  He also really love his primary class and adores his teachers.  His teachers can do no wrong.  A couple weeks ago Baden got the reverence bear "Beary" in primary, he got to bring him home and care for him the whole week!  It was a pretty big deal!  He loves to be helpful and most of the time if I just ask in general if I can get help with something Baden is rushing (mainly to race and beat Kya) to it, whatever gets the job done!  Baden is starting to realize that he doesn't like all the girly things that he has never minded in the past.  He is starting to notice boy things and wants a lot of superhero's around.  The other day at preschool we played ring around the rosy, he had no problem holding the girls' hands but he refused to hold a boys hand.  It was really funny!




Bo is 11 months old and is a hoot.  He is so much fun.  He has a ton of different laughs.  He will laugh so hard that he sounds like he's crying.  He has a forced laugh that is totally fake but yet he is happy.  And when he's excited about something or laughing really hard he flutters his voice, it is about the funniest thing ever.  He has grown so fast and I haven't written enough about him.  He has 6 teeth and he got them within 3 weeks of each other.  That's right at 7 months old he had none and by 8 months old he had 6.  Right now there are 2 more trying to poke through we'll see how much longer it takes.  He is a real momma's boy, although he is fine with others he's just not for too long.  He is standing on his own and every once in a while he can go from sitting down to standing up without pulling up on anything.  He is walking with his little pushing walker, walking around and around all the while laughing to himself.  He loves the kids and really tries to do everything they do.  He is old enough that the kids can actually play with him which is fun to see.  He is climbing up the stairs, super quick at it, but he hasn't mastered going down the stairs yet.  He likes getting into cabinets especially the loud ones, and he loves pushing things around the floor.  I'm talking anything... tuna cans, baskets, toys, lids, egg carton, and anything else he can find.  He is a really good baby! 



Preston has recently moved departments at InfusionSoft, and he is great at what he does.  Everyone really enjoys having him there and what is more important is Preston thrives on being there.  It is such a change from doing his own thing and he loves the attention I mean the interaction he gets from others.  InfusionSoft has been good to Press and it's been fun to be a part of it.  He is now on the Business Development team and he is really a superstar worker.  They have him traveling about twice a month for a few days at a time, saving the world and such.  Preston wears his orange scrub pants to work every Friday and has too much fun most days.  Lately he has been having a little fun with his facial hair.  First it was a beard then it was a handle bar mustache, and he left town this morning with one perfectly round circle patch of hair growing out of his chin.  I can't believe he left the house like this! He's playing softball right now with a team put together from work.  And he takes his beautiful wife out every Friday, he really is a wonderful man and I am so proud of him!




As for me I am staying really busy now that school has started for the kids.  I don't know why that has made us busier but somehow waking up earlier and starting my day makes me do a whole lot more.  I guess there is something behind the early to rise thing after all.  I have been getting allergy shots twice a week, and hitting the gym most days.  And it seems crazy that waking up early and going to the gym during the day have not made me super tired, in fact I have more energy to do lots more... things I knew but had forgotten.  I do still have to lay down for a nap with Baden but I did that anyway.  I have been released from the Beehives in YW and am now in the Activity Day 11 year old girls.  I haven't had many with them but I already love it!

No comments: