Follow the link if you want to help!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Fight FOCA!
So I'm not the best at being really.. um.. let's say into current events or news or crap like that but Preston every once in a while will fill me in on things. Apparently we got a new President or something like that. Ok, ok I'm not quite that bad. But I will say this, most people's basic home page is MSN (which has at least a few headlines on it), mine pops up with Google. So I don't even see anything, and yes I get the paper only to pull the coupons out of them. BUT ANYWAY Preston did inform me of this new legislation that is trying to be pasted called the "The Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA). FOCA would establish the right to abortion as a fundamental right (like the right to free speech) and wipe away every restriction on abortion nationwide. Preston told me some of the details of how and when they would be able to kill the babies and it made me sick and want to cry all at the same time. I just received an e-mail to sign the Petition to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
this makes me sick and want to cry also. i was holding Ecksen while reading this and i did almost start bawling. Liberals are all about how they supposably help those who can't fight for their rights but they completely over look the group that truly needs protecting... the unborn child. I could go on & on about this subject even more that i have a little one, so i'll just leave it at that.
It is really sad how many people just don't get it. I have been reading and following this Act and it is a sad day. Too many women try and feel freedom from the wrong places! I am with you on this one.
Yeah I got the e-mail like a week ago or so and read all of the details and then wanted to throw up. What kind of heartless person could think that it is okay? And I think that it tells more about his persona and character and values than he might realize or whatever.
Yikes, I got all riled up there. Sorry. Anyhoo, I too remembered how hilarious you were at the Christmas party and wondered why we hadn't been better friends all along?! Seriously, best party yet.
And though you probably tire of hearing it, your kids are positively and ridiculously adorable!
I'm with you! I'm not a big politiacal person either. But, if this is the stupid kind of crap this newbie Pres. is going to continue to pull I just might have to become one! This makes me sick and angry all at the same time! Isn't doing this a direct violation of the rights of the Dr.'s and others involved?? I don't like any part of it at all!!
I'm with you! I'm not a big politiacal person either. But, if this is the stupid kind of crap this newbie Pres. is going to continue to pull I just might have to become one! This makes me sick and angry all at the same time! Isn't doing this a direct violation of the rights of the Dr.'s and others involved?? I don't like any part of it at all!!
I had no idea this was going on. It really sickens me to the core. I've been serving as a respresentative of LDS Family Services. There is a video that I watched on abortion that brought me to tears. Thank you for letting me know how we can get involved. Seriously, there aren't many things more heart wrenching than an abortion.
Post a Comment