Saturday, February 28, 2009

Colorado Trip

We went to Colorado, to visit one of Preston's mission buddies. He and his wife live on a farm right inside the Colorado boarder. They have 18 month old triplets so Kya had a ton of fun!
The first couple of days we went up to their cabin to play in the snow.
The next day we played in the snow even more. Kya loved it SO much. Preston was in heaven too he loves the snow, they had snow mobiles that we had fun. Preston acted like a little kid on those things. I enjoy the snow when I know it's only for a couple days. The tots all ate a fair amount of snow and went sledding down a small hill. When it was time to go in Kya DID NOT want to go in!
She played so hard in the snow she wouldn't wake up!

The next day we packed up to go back to the house, I had packed all of Baden's blankets so he had to wear my sweater while we road back to the highway in the Cat.

All the toddlers knocked out coming back from the cabin in the Cat!
Back at the house getting snacks outside and playing in the snow. Meet Alyvia, Ben, and Ryder. Kya's new friends. She had so much fun with them. And I think Alyvia enjoyed having another girl around.
You can't see but both daddy's were out the window cutting down a huge tree!

I realized that I didn't have very many pictures of Baden, he was on the trip too he was just inside a lot!
Preston was able to get a couple floor seats at the Nugget's game. So Preston and Kip drove up to Denver to watch the game. While they were gone to the game Clarissa and I went to an indoor pool with all the kiddos. The water was a little cold, and the only warm water there was, was running down the kiddie slide. So all the kids were huddled around the warm slide. After a while Kya figured out that the slide was quite fun and she went down it a lot. But of course after I had already put the camera back.

It was a super fun trip, and we may just have to make that a yearly occurrence!

5 comments:

karis stapley said...

What a fun trip! I'm the same, I like to play in the snow but not live in it, which ironically it is snowing outside my house as I type!
Still trying to get used to the idea of it being 70 deg. only 2 days ago & then snowing all day today. It looks like Kya particularly had a total blast! Especially with 3 other toddlers always running around - wow!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a super fun trip! It is crazy how it is already hot here but snowing there!!

Kya is the same size as those 18 month olds!!

Clarissa said...

CUTE pics!! I'm still working on getting mine uploaded. Probably not til Monday:( It was very nice to have you here and I would love to make it a yearly thing. As the kids get bigger, it will only get funner.

poor kids froze in the pool and the pictures really show it.

Dizzy Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Preston! Brian got home from his church meetings yesterday and the first thing he said was,"I've gotta go write Preston to tell him Happy Birthday." I hope it was a great one!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Preston! Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun. Such cute kids!