Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day we had decided to go out to dinner the night before so that we could beat the crowds. We had first went to Macaroni Grill but it was too long of a wait. It actually ended up being a good thing because we went to our favorite Sekai Sushi! And it was SO YUMMY. We had enough room for dessert so we drove down the street to Mi Amigos, for their fried ice cream. Sounds like a funny combo but it was what we wanted!

Valentine's Day was good Preston is so sweet and got me roses and chocolates. That huge heart was filled with SEE'S chocolates that were hand picks so it only contains my FAVORITES. I REALLY love See's! He is a sweetheart, he waited in line for an hour and forty minutes. It was WELL worth the wait. I have already devoured half the box! I know I'm really healthy. What I found funny was that they had the Nutritional Facts right on top of the chocolates. If I've got a HUGE box of chocolates I don't want to know that 2 pieces of chocolate are 800 calories... Just let me eat my loveliness in ignorant bliss! That's why I glanced at it and it when straight in the trash!

And this is what we gave Preston for Valentine's Day. I sent Preston on a scavenger hunt around the house. Each of the hearts had something nice on them and then lead him to somewhere else I have been reading a lot of Dr. Seuss book so, yes they all rhymed too. The prize at the end of the hunt was a CUTE card that Kya and I had made, and pink heart shaped pancakes.

I had Kya color the paper and then I cut the letters out. And yes the letters are popping off of the page. I know I'm creative!

Here was the kids half of the card, it all turned out really cute and it was fun!

I love Preston and am super lucky to have him. I love him SO much!

2 comments:

karis stapley said...

How fun! sounds like you guys had a great V-Day! Very nice, fun, & creative gifts to each other.

Leslie said...

You guys are so sweet to each other!