We are leaving our beloved dream home that we built. We bought the lot and started building but by the time it was finished the market was on the way down. It is not really a surprise that we are leaving from the way the market turned but it is still hard to leave. Preston did so much and worked so hard to get every little detail right. My help was minimal compared to how much time and effort he spent on this beautiful house. We moved in thinking that we would sell it fairly quickly but that unfortunately didn't happen. It was sure fun living in my dream house even if it was only for a year. So this is farewell dream home and I will always love you! Here are some things that I will sure miss... and a few that I won't (I have to point out some bad points so it doesn't hurt so bad leaving!)
I really will miss the windows and all of the natural light we had in our house.
I will not miss this sight in the morning at 5:00 though! It was so bright in our room that we couldn't see our digital clock so we didn't know if it was really 5 or 7 am, they both look the same... BRIGHT. We did learn to sleep through it though, but we can't wait for a room with binds and curtains again!
I will miss having a huge porch! So pretty!
My OWN closet!
My beautiful frosted doors, and my bigger-than-a-library pantry!
Yes, I will sure miss you!
I will miss my fantastic kitchen! I will definitely miss my gas stove, and double convection oven.
My pretty cabinets, I had too many of them... I know I will never say that again in my life!
I will NOT miss the spiders! I know I could have cleaned the cobwebs off of the porch once in a while but it wouldn't have helped much there are a TON! Plus it was kind of like a natural bird feeder on the back porch. Birds would always be flying in to pick out some grub from our webby "bird feeders!" I know that I only have pictures of the Daddy Longlegs, but we had all kinds of spiders... BIG ones! Wolf spiders, black widows, probably some tarantulas too!
I will miss all of the pretty molding and all of the wood throughout the house...
I will NOT miss however, seeing every spec of dust, and every footprint. And of course I will not miss CLEANING 5000 square feet of floor!
I will miss the very soft, designer carpet. Yes, you can tell a difference! I will miss this BIG room it was a great playroom with lots of room to RUN! Oh and it was great for girls game nights!
But if you notice there are no lights in the kids bedrooms! I will completely NOT miss that! I am looking forward to being able to turn on the light to read books before bed!
Ladies you are going to want a urinal in your dream home! I know that I personally never used it... that would be awkward and messy, but I loved having it! Why? Because I knew that there were no splatters or drips to clean off or around the toilet!
I will miss our shower. Yet again I will say, I will not miss cleaning it.
Rain shower I will miss you!
We so loved our extremely quiet fans, you couldn't hear them at all!
11 comments:
Yes goodbye house, I will miss you too, even though I only visited!! Where are you going to go?
That really is a beautiful home! Certainly lots to be missed about it, but I wouldn't miss all the cleaning either! :)
I wouldn't say that you'll never have some of those things again, cuz hey, you never know! It may be years down the road, but it could happen! Until then! Enjoy the blessings of your cute healthy family! :)
Farewell to the biggest house I've ever been in! We will miss it too!
I'll miss your house too, but you guys make it a home, so wherever you are will be a wonderful place to be!
It was a beautiful house and I will miss having game nights there. But I'm sure that your new place will be just as much fun cause it's the people not the house that make the memories.
I will for sure miss game nights over there... it was fun while it lasted, but there are more game nights to be had elsewhere!
Wait I am confused...Why again are you moving??
Awe, I'm so sad for you! your house is gorgeous! :( Where are you guys moving too?
I didn't know that you are moving! I never even got to see your house...
Oh well, maybe I should be a better cousin and come and visit you once in a while :-)
Um ok, that house is GORGEOUS!!!! I think it would be my dream home too! You guys did a great job on it!
Holy cow! i wouldn't want to clean that thing either. But it is beautiful :) Life will be so much more simple for you. You will enjoy it more.
Post a Comment