I had game night at my house last night. We have one about every month with all the girls in my old ward. I wish I had Harmony Ward back. Anyway, I'm glad that I still get to do stuff with my friends in the ward even though I moved. We really have a blast every time we get together! This morning Preston said, "You girls sounded like you have a really good time last night." I told him we usually do exactly that every time. I don't know whether it's because we do it late at night, but we always end up laughing our heads off, usually at mine or Andrea's expense but some one as got to be that person right?
Anyway, it was a big success we had 9 of us here and it was super fun! The deal is that whoever hosts does the treats. I had been so excited that I got to do game night that I had been planning for a week. I don't mean to brag but I made some really super yummy treats. I'm glad that everyone came and I promised that I would pass around some of my recipes that I used.
Thanks again everyone for coming it was really fun!
Fruit Salsa
1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, (do not drain)
8 oz of strawberries chopped fine
3 kiwis peeled and chopped fine
2 mangos
2 T brown sugar
1/3 c orange juice
Mix pineapple and brown sugar well. Add all other finely chopped fruit and orange juice. Toss and chill. Serve with cinnamon tostada chips.
1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, (do not drain)
8 oz of strawberries chopped fine
3 kiwis peeled and chopped fine
2 mangos
2 T brown sugar
1/3 c orange juice
Mix pineapple and brown sugar well. Add all other finely chopped fruit and orange juice. Toss and chill. Serve with cinnamon tostada chips.
I'm sure if you wanted to you could do different fruit... I did add a peach to mine last night.
Cinnamon Tostada Chips
Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut flour tortillas into strips. Lightly spray with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a Ziploc bag. Put strips in bag and shake until coated. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 min or until lightly brown and crisp. Cool on wire rack.
Or just buy them at Food City. They fry theirs which makes them way better!
.
And if you want the Almond Danish Swirls is one of Paula Deen's http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/almond-danish-swirls-recipe/index.html
.
They are yummy, easy, and impressive too!
8 comments:
I had the best time last night! I always look forward to having a girls night out (even if I pay for it the next morning)!! You did a great job hosting! All your food was super yummy! Thanks for the fruity receipe!
p.s
Me and you do make game night funny, huh? If we weren't there, they couldn't laugh at anyone else...
Yeah I have to say that you did have the best treats!! It was great. Thank you for hosting. I always look forward to doing it too. Tell Preston we are sorry for being loud......okay not really that sorry!
I'm going to have to try this new salsa. It looks so good.
Dadgummit! I should have stopped by after Bunco. Next time... :)
Leslie
The salsa was very yummy.
Thanks for inviting me. I had a great time. I really am too old to be laughing that much that late at night but it was worth every minute of lost sleep. Maybe hanging out with you girls will help keep me young. See ya next month!
I know! We sure didn't have to pressure her too much!
Thanks Hillary! We are having the shower at my parents in the backyard, hopefully the weather will be nice, but ya we decided just to do it at our house. Thanks for the offer though, your house is beautiful!!
Post a Comment