I've gotten really good at keeping up with pictures and small funny things that go on with us but here is a real update for all to enjoy.
I'll start off with Preston. Preston has stumbled into the best job he could have ever found. I don't think it was just by chance because I really feel that the Lord was there to lead us in his decisions about work. It turns out that the exact thing that he has been wanting to do for quite a while now is actually a reality. He now works for a company called PhoenixMetro.com, which in short gives the public deals and coupons for multiple different services, companies, and restaurants. He originally was thinking about starting up something from scratch, but in the awesome chain of events he found a great guy that had already established PhoenixMetro.com. Both of them seemed to click right away. He runs the website and was looking to find someone to help do the sales and build the company, and Preston was looking to do exactly that and needed someone to run the website. So it really has been such a blessing. Preston is so excited to be doing something that he cares about and loves doing, and from my perspective it really shows. I'm so glad that work is not so wearing on him, and it always helps to be doing something that you love.
Preston has also started up soccer again. It is good for him to get out and be active for a while, it's hard to slow that guy down. The league just started last week and they play a game every week for the next month or two. Preston is a pretty good soccer player, well he is just a good athlete in general so I guess it wouldn't matter the sport.
Next I'll brag about my sweet girl. Kya is growing up so much. She really is just big and not a baby anymore. She is officially 18 months and has been in nursery for 3 weeks. For the most part I think she does well. I hope that's really true because her nursery leader is about the nicest person I've met, and that is what she tells me. I don't really doubt it though, Kya is a good girl. Kya's favorite movie is Finding Nemo. We watch it EVERYDAY, I can recite it from start to finish! It is so cute she will grab the remote and put her hands out and say, "Where's Mee-mo?" she'll repeat it until the movie is actually on.
She has picked up some signs that she does usually use them in the right context, they are "more, please, and again" and for thank you she sometimes blows kisses because it's just about the same. She also picks up new words everyday too. It's fun to hear her say actual word instead of just jabber all the time.
She is very helpful, or tries to be most of the time. She'll help with small tasks and even wants to do some of the big ones. Yesterday I was cleaning the toilet and she came in and acted like she wanted to do it. I told her she was too little to clean the toilet, so then she proceeded to throw a small fit by throwing her binkie down and pouting a bit. I felt bad for depriving her of such a great privilege and let her help with the toilet bowl scrubber. I think that really made her feel like a big girl!
As for me, I've been trying to get organized, and adjust to being more tidy. I have found out that leaving my whole house to clean up on Saturday is not fun. I need to start doing more of a daily clean up schedule. Which I'm going to be starting this next week.
I feel better in our new ward now, the first couple of weeks I felt funny and a little out of place. For one thing I didn't know anyone and Preston knew about 5 families right off the bat. I now feel a little bit more comfortable and can pick out a few names and faces that I are familiar to me. I knew it wouldn't take long but I still felt weird the first few weeks and I'm glad that, that feeling is disappearing. There are a lot of good families and everyone is very nice.
Sorry Grandma you may not want to read this part... We have caught/killed more spiders than I have seen in my entire life around here. Being on a new lot seems to have that perk to it... lots of bugs share my home. I have reacently become obbsessed with thinking that every spider is a brown recluse, and that they have bit me or Kya. Which I don't think I've actually seen any and I'm pretty sure we haven't gotten bit either! But in my defense there are a lot of spiders and a lot of them are really big ones. I did find out though that wolf spiders usually will not bite unless they are provoked. And I hate to admit it but most of the spiders around here do look like wolf spiders and not brown recluse.
All in all, we are doing good, adjusting well and having fun.
3 comments:
So glad to hear the adjusting is going well. It is always hard to move and start all over again. You guys are nice, friendly people-- so I knew you wouldn't have a problem!
P.s.
I think it is time to convice the hubby to hire a cleaning person to help out in that huge mansion of yours!! j/k!
Are you guys busy on Saturday? If not, lets get together!
First of all YUK on the spiders! I'm glad you're adjusting to the ward and the housecleaning. Mostly though, I'm so psyched for Preston to find such a great job. Hurray!
Les.
Vultures, Spiders... what's next? I freak out about everything brown being a brown recluse too! I have researched that they are called "recluse" because they are very reclusive... go figure... and so they don't really come out into where people live. They will mostly hide in old areas where nobody ever looks... like in an attic or boxes in a garage. If you see one out in your house I wouldn't really worry. Anyway, not fun, so hang in there! Congrats on Preston's new job, too!
Post a Comment