Today I thought would be a good day to change Kya's crib into a real bed. We have a crib that converts into a toddler bed and then eventually into a twin headboard and footboard. Anyway, I decided that she was big enough TODAY! So I took the crib side off and put the toddler rail up and got her all excited about it. She thought it was so fun being able to get in and out by herself, and loves it!
Now the big test came when it was nap time. I laied her down told her to go to sleep. Minutes later I could hear her jumping on her bed (which was a common thing when it was a crib) but then I heard little pitter pattering of little feet. I thought she wasn't going to be able to have the freedom and go to sleep. But I waited it out a few minutes and couldn't hear her anymore. I went in and checked on her and there she was in her bed sleeping, all big and grown up!
She did fall off the bed mid-nap she was just standing in the middle of her room crying, so confused! She went back to sleep fairly quickly after I put her back down.
4 comments:
SO BIG NOW! Are you going to buy another crib for Baden then?
I'm just letting her adjust to the toddler bed for now... I thought that it would be an easier adjustment if it was still familiar. Then I think we'll get a bed for her when Baden comes.
That is so exciting and sad at the same time!! Yes she is getting so big and so cute!!
How cute! She is getting big so quick! It's kinda sad at the same time, not our lil babies any more! Yea, we'll prob. be changing cole over sometime in the next few months. We'll see, he still does fine in the crib without trying to climb out yet.
Anyway, on the the next stage for Kya! so fun!
Post a Comment