Monday, August 29, 2011

Little Ol' Us

I thought it would be good to give a little bit of an update of little ol' us. Just tidbits here and there. Mainly, things I don't want to forget, but I'll let you in on them if you would like to read all the way through!


First off Kya, she has really grown up lately, she's a 4.5 year old... a big 4.5 year old! She is super smart and is starting school tomorrow! She has been working really hard at writing her name and has it down pat! "K's" have been pretty tricky but she does it well now! She has started to do a few things that I have just always done for her, by herself! And she is really helpful and knows where things are and can get them herself! She has been doing it for a while now but she will open the computer, click the internet, click on Netflix, and start a movie or a show, all by herself! She is really learning what is right and wrong and is just genuinely good. One night we were reading scriptures, one of the ones that says not to take the name of the Lord in vain. I stopped and explained that to her. Well in one of the shows that she had recently watched "Eloise" had said this, and so it was a perfect example of how not to use "Lord". The next morning she came into me and said, "I would like to watch Eloise, but the only one I can see is the one that has the bad word in it and I don't want to watch that one. So can you please help me get on a different Eloise?" Oh it was the sweetest thing! I had never told her that she shouldn't watch it, she decided that all on her own! It really made me so proud and stepped back to see she really is "getting it"! Some of the things I teach her are sticking! And what an example she is to me!
Another time she said:
While reading family scriptures we came across one that said honor thy father and mother... We stopped and explained what the scripture meant. Kya then look up and said, "Yeah, I need to work on that."


Next there is Baden, he has really turned into a funny kid. He is a silly one! Watch out he will lick you without warning. Usually it is pretty funny and it's out of the blue right in my face! He stumbles on his sentences and it sometimes takes him a bit to get it out, but he speaks pretty well for a 2.5 year old. Our favorite thing is that he replaces what we would normally say "we" with "us". For example "Where's us going" "Us had fun today!" And almost everyday I say something to the effect of, "Let's get dressed" and almost always we will get super defensive, hands on hips and everything, and loudly say, "I not wear a dress!" I only say almost always, because when I try to get him to say it on camera, he doesn't. Some other things that he has said lately:
I was feeding him Mac'n'Cheese the other day and he wanted to get down. I told him he needed to eat more, looking in from the top of the bowl, I said, "I can't even see the bottom of the bowl yet."
Crouching down staring at the side of the bowl Baden responded, "Mom look from right here I can see the bottom. See it's right there!"

The kids were watching Beauty and the Beast, near the end of the movie, when Baden runs in with excitement and says, "The Beast isn't a beast anymore... he's turning in to Jesus!"

I am Mrs. Fix-it around our house, and the other night Baden was telling Preston that I had fixed the SpongeBob table. Then as serious as could be said, "Dad, you no how to fix things!" Kya then chimed in, "Yeah dad you don't know how to fix things, only mommy."

Both Kya and Baden play and pretend really well together! They are so sweet most of the time and I love that they are such good buddies!

What about Preston? He is just amazing! He still has his Shop Your Community website, that has excellent coupons, that he has worked so hard on. He has been working at InfusionSoft since March. What a blessing it has been to have that job. It's a great company and he loves working there. He works SUPER hard and has done very well there plus there are lots of perks, which make it fun to work there. He has been an Account Manager, retention side, which means he helps people want to stick around. He has been doing so well and has been a huge asset to the his team. He has even put in some extra work to help make things work more smoothly and has had great ideas that the company is implementing. They are moving him around just a bit because of what an asset he has been, and he will start helping people know how to use the software better, as a Success Coach. He is amazing and it's been fun to see him thrive at InfusionSoft. He loves being around the people and being able to contribute, and be valued. It really is just awesome. AND I think he is awesome!

As for me, I'm still pregnant, in case you have forgotten. Is it going by slow for you or is that just me! I guess in some ways it seem to have gotten here fast but when I say I have 8 weeks left (truly 7 but I don't want to get my hopes up) it seems so. far. away! For the most part the pregnancy has gone pretty well. Other than the scare in the middle when they thought his heart was displaced, but it's not. Aside from that I have been feeling fine not too uncomfortable yet and trudging along. I do have it pretty good when I'm prego in comparison to some. The only thing that has been bugging me are my hips, oh man do they hurt (and have since month 3)! Last week I was doing something super normal, just strapping Baden in his car seat and my hips both POPPED! I doubled over and almost blacked out from pain! I was in LOTS of pain for the rest of the day. Went to the chiropractor but it didn't fix it immediately, it took a couple of days to feel better. Since then I have been babying my hips so that that doesn't happen again!
I have finished a few house projects lately and feel like I have gotten a lot accomplished, thank goodness for the "nesting" that comes with the pregnancy. I do feel like getting things done around the house, and for the most part the house has been clean!

No comments: