Monday, August 11, 2008

Miss U Harmony Ward

So we are all moved out of our house, by Mesa High. It is still a bit crazy because our house we are building is not finished yet. The people that rented our house had to be in so that's why we had to move our stuff out. So we are homeless!... Well thanks to my mom and dad we have somewhere to stay for this week. Our new house should be all the way done by Wednesday. So then we get to have another fun day of moving our stuff from our garage into the house.

Yesterday was our official last day in the Harmony Ward! They had us speak and everything. I, of course, cried through my whole talk because that's what I do, it seems. I just gave a talk in church in May, (probably cried I can't remember) then I taught Relief Society in June (and cried) and now again in August CRYING again. I'm surprised no one was sick of hearing me speak. The Spirit was really strong and I felt like I had more help speaking from the Spirit than ever before. So it wasn't just because I love the ward, although, that was one of the reasons for some of my tears! Our ward was so great! We love everyone there! Last night Preston and I were thinking of all the good people we have gotten to know and how much we are going to miss being apart of the ward.

It's really crazy because I have heard from past RS Presidencies that they really grew to love everyone. And until I was put in I thought that was just something they said. I really can say that now though. I just loved being around every single one of those sisters and I felt like I really knew and loved each of them! Even if I didn't talk to some very much I still felt that connection with each! I learned so much from being in the Relief Society presidency. Even if it was just for a short time I really was humbled and relied on the Lord for a lot. I have seen the mistakes and weaknesses that I have and am working on those things to improve my self. I have learned that as soon as you get comfortable with the things the Lord would want you to do, that's when you need to stretch yourself and do more. I really do love the gosple and I'm grateful for my testimony.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sad you're already gone! It went too fast! I'm really going to miss you guys being in our ward. You still have to come to game nights though!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! You guys both had amazing talks and I was truely touched by both of your words and thoughts on service.
We are going to miss you greatly in this ghetto neighborhood but it isn't goodbye forever. You won't be that far away. If anything, it will just be an excuse to get together more often!

Leisa Tapia said...

k... I miss every time you talk! I'm a horrible friend. You need to tell me next time so I have a reason to go to church... (I know that sounds horrible, but its partially true)
You guys aren't even really gone.. gamenights and playgroups... we'll do them all! no worries!